Storyboards are a series of illustrations or images displayed in sequence for the purpose of pre-visualizing a video, animation or motion graphic. Development of storyboards will most often take place after a concept or script has been created for a project and will function to visually tell the story panel by panel.
The benefits of using storyboards are that they allow you to plan out your video shot by shot and get an idea of how those shots will fit together before the camera rolls.
- Show what characters are in the frame and how they are moving
- Illustrate the setting of the video
- Inform what props are required in each scene
- Show where the camera is in a scene
- Display whether the camera is static or moving